The Connection was founded in the early 1950's as First Assembly of God and was originally located at 505 East Walcott Street in Thomasville, GA. In the late 1970's, the church outgrew its original facility, and purchased our current property on Smith Avenue. Another church had built a small sanctuary on this site, so First Assembly had a temporary home while plans were made for a much larger facility.
In 1980, the church started construction on the sanctuary we occupy today, adjacent to the original Smith Avenue property. The original sanctuary is now used as a multipurpose building - it serves as our fellowship hall, children's church, and youth sanctuary. In April, 2010 the church redefined itself as The Connection, and is a growing ministry that is reaching outside the four walls of the church to touch our community. We want to connect with individuals and families in order to help them get connected to Jesus.